Giving from Your Retirement Plan
You've worked hard and planned for retirement. Now, with a little planning, you can leverage your retirement assets to benefit you and your family, reduce Uncle Sam's cut, and support GSUSA and/or Girl Scout council of your choice far into the future.
How It Works
- Name Girl Scouts of the USA and/or Girl Scout council of your choice as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), or other qualified plan.
- Designate us to receive all or a portion of the balance of your plan through your plan administrator.
- Pass the balance in your plan to GSUSA and/or Girl Scout council of your choice.
- Avoid the potential double taxation your retirement savings would face if you designated these savings to your heirs.
- Continue to take regular lifetime withdrawals.
- Maintain flexibility to change beneficiaries if your family's needs change during your lifetime.